Columbia High School Graduation 2020
You’ve earned it and deserve it and CHS will be holding a graduation event for you! Of course, it will have a different look and feel than the traditional graduation we all know.
This year CHS will hold a “drive-through” graduation. This provides you the opportunity to be close to those that mean the most to you and have supported you on your journey to receiving your high school diploma!
Class of 2020 Graduation Details:
- Graduating seniors will be given a number, the numbers will be given in alphabetical order except for the valedictorian and salutatorian- they will be 1 & 2.
- The number is for your vehicle.
- The vehicles will line up by the bus garage pointing out towards 64.
- When the event starts cars will proceed towards 64, but turn right in the bus loading zone (by CMS).
- Each car will stop outside the gym and wait to be called to move forward. A Junior Class Marshall will be standing at this location.
- Once given the word to proceed, you will be announced by the DJ who will be playing music and greeted by your teachers who will be standing on both sides as you drive forward.
- The “stage” will be set outside the band building on the deck. Once you reach that point (a junior marshall will stop you at the location), everyone then will exit your vehicle
- The graduate will go to the ramp while friends and family will gather at the bottom of the stairs.
- The graduate will be announced again and will walk up the ramp to the top where they will be greeted by Superintendent Holley, Board of Education Chair Scripture, and our guest speaker Mr. Dale Folwell (North Carolina’s State Treasurer).
- After receiving their diploma, the graduate can stop for pictures.
- From that point, everyone enters their vehicle and exits- and the next graduate moves forward.
- IMPORTANT NOTES:
Because we will be unable to address everyone at the same time, the Valedictorian, Salutatorian, and the commencement speaker speeches will be pre-recorded.
- Those speeches will be linked with a QR code and in the program.
- The event will be live-streamed on the district TCS YouTube Channel so those unable to join can watch safely from home!
- 30 mins before the event, the district will send the link to all our social media platforms and post on the district as well as school websites
- It is imperative that we maintain appropriate social distancing, please remain in your vehicles until the designated place.
- Only passenger vehicles are permitted (car, truck, minivan, etc) and no trailers.
- Again, each student is given a number for their vehicle.
- No one will be able to walk onto campus.
- Main street between 64 and the stop light by social services will be closed to traffic
- Please be at the bus garage by 4:45PM- parking spaces will be marked with your number. The procession will begin promptly at 5:30.
If you have any questions or concerns please call the high school at 252.796.8161 ext 273 or email me directly @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we look forward to celebrating your achievement!!